Alex West Law offers legal advocacy before the courts and administrative agencies of Oregon in all areas of domestic relations law.
Family law matters include:
- Divorce and separation
- Dissolution of domestic partnerships
- Parenting time or visitation
- Child support
- Spousal Support
- Modification of custody, parenting time, child and spousal support
- Enforcement of judgments and orders
- Grandparent or third-party custody and visitation
- Administrative Child Support Hearings
- Domestic violence and FAPA restraining orders
- Asset and Property Distribution
- Name Changes
- Cohabitation or domestic partnership agreements
- Arbitration Appeals to the Circuit Courts
Alex provides compassionate and professional legal support for clients who are undergoing family transitions. She believes that a negotiated settlement is almost always preferable to a court-ordered judgment, particularly in family law cases that involve personal relationships and children.
Alex will attempt to settle the case when possible through direct negotiation, mediation and settlement conferences, but she also offers clients traditional legal representation throughout all stages of litigation.